Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book Overview

Welcome back, nerds!

    It's been a while since I made my first post, and that's because my second post was all me bragging about my success in pokemon competitively. No one really wants to hear about that. This post is actually going to be about the book. If you're actually going to follow the development of a fan fiction, you should at least know the core of it.
    This untitled book is based on the adventure of a 16 year old guy named Silver. As much as I would like to stay true to the games, I could not resist naming him that, even though the daywalker rival apparently shares the name. I'll give character details later, but I pretty much shaped him around the type of male with whom a girl would absolutely fall in love. It's not all loss though, guys; maybe it could get you a conversation with a hot nerd girl.
    The second character of the book is a static named Brutus who's based on the guy from Azalea whom cuts down trees. I don't plan on any deep meaning behind his name, although the occasional Shakespeare pun may turn up. He's 6'8''-6'10'' and absolutely ripped. Yes, he's also kind of a girl getter, but don't stop reading, guys. There's hope yet to come.
    Last, but absolutely not least is Maya. When designing Maya, I thought to myself, "What kind of girl would guys reading this book want?" She really is the perfect nerd girl: Nerdy + Hot - Creepy = Maya. She'll get her own character description post, along with all the other main characters later.
    Those are the three main protagonists of the book, but lets not forget all the other characters like Elm, Oak, Mr. Pokemon, Bill, Unnamed Daywalker (Giovanni Jr., maybe I'll call him that), Giovanni, Bill, Lance, and all the other characters I didn't care to list. I'll try to get nearly every character involved in the plot, minus all the random trainers; however a few of them will turn up. I'm really happy with where some of the characters in the games are going plot wise, especially Mr. Pokemon. He was really open to manipulation.
    Untitled book's plot is based on the storyline of HeartGold and SoulSilver (the oldschools just didn't give me enough to work with), but that doesn't mean extreme amounts weren't added. In order for a fan fiction to be good, its own plot, worthy of having its own book, has to be developed in a way that still follows the object its based on. There was much manipulation, which will be explained later.
    For now, I leave thee on a cliff hanger that hopefully brings you back next time. Until then leave a suggestion for the title in the comments.
          -May the gods not smite you.



No comments:

Post a Comment